Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Career in truck driving?

okay so im at a crossroads in my life. at first i wanted to get a degree in criminal justice and have a career in law enforcement...but now I want to drive a truck. It aint about money to me. I love the open road and thats what I want as a career. I want to work for a local company that hauls asphalt oil (asphalt runs in my blood lol) but the bad part is im only 19. Since you can rarely get a job at 19 driving a truck in tennessee, i couldnt work for them strait off because if im not mistaken you have to be 21 to get a hazmat license since asphalt oil is considered a hazardous material, and they drive out of state. so heres my question. how would i be able to get a head start in my career since it will be 2 years before I can actually drive for them? and how would i go about getting my hazmat license once im able to?

No comments:

Post a Comment