Thursday, July 14, 2011

How do I start food vending on the street?

I live in Milwaukee, WI and there are a lot of street vendors selling random items like hotdogs, cotton candy, roses ect... I was wondering how I could go about doing this as I would sell breakfast foods and hamburgers and such throughout the day in various locations. I would also like to sell beverages and chips. I would also be dealing with eggs, raw meats, and vegetables which are considered "potentially hazardous foods" What legal forms would i need to fill out? What types of licenses would I need? Seeing how i would be consistently moving locations that suite the needs of traffic flow and the target market, how would I go about getting it inspected by Health Dept? Am i legally allow to sell water without any type of license? <--- Say i was only selling water after concerts, would i need a sellers permit/peddlers license for just selling exclusively bottled water? Where am I legally allow to sell food? (sidewalks, public parks? or outside of events?) Any help would be great as I am young with interest in starting my own business with little to no idea. Thanks all!

No comments:

Post a Comment