Saturday, July 16, 2011

Allergic reaction to band aid?

I've got several spots of ringworm, and also an allergic reaction-type skin condition. I have to use band aids at night because of the reaction (I'll itch the ringworm and spread it). Last night, I put a band aid brand tough strip on the spot on my wrist. I had been putting one on at night, then putting a new one on in the morning. I took of my band aid today, and there were approximately 15-17 tiny circular spots with clear fluid where my band aid had been. I cleaned them with a wet cloth, and put some of my anti-fungal cream on them since I wasn't sure if they were ringworm. It burned to put the cream on the new spots (it didn't sting at all on the ringworm). Now, the small areas have golden colored scabs on them. Common sense tells me to leave the scabs alone, but I'm not sure if this is an allergy to the band aids or the adhesive, since I've never had an allergic reaction to either one before. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't have insurance, so I'm trying to avoid the doctor if someone else has experienced the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment